Become a Member
WHAT DOES THE LINGERIE GUILD OFFER ITS MEMBERS?
In short, the Lingerie Guild has been set up to educate women on the importance of wearing a properly fitted bra and to champion those who provide this valuable customer service to women via their professional fitting services.
Our objectives are to help our members in getting this message across and to promote and support their businesses in the following ways:
- educating the general public in the importance of wearing a properly fitted bra which has been fitted by a suitably qualified bra fitter, through promotions, publicity and awareness campaigns
- giving publicity to and providing awareness of what a good lingerie shop should offer in terms of skills, professionalism and customer service
- acting as a directory which lists the lingerie shops and stores that offer a “the best” bra fitting service, accredited by The Guild, thereby advertising the businesses and directing customers to them
- bringing together suitably qualified bra fitters from independent lingerie shops to share experiences, knowledge, advice and know-how and thus providing networking opportunities
- supporting and representing the members of the The Guild within the lingerie business and to act as a voice in matters which concern its members as a whole – together we are stronger
- to strengthen the bonds between the The Guild and other associations working in the area of breast health;
In due course it is anticipated that The Lingerie Guild will also be able to help its members by facilitating the following:
- setting up a qualification in bra fitting and associated training courses and mentoring services
- appointing regional Ambassadors to represent members at Committee meetings
- organising various promotional events from time to time – eg National Bra Fit Week
- providing members with access to professionals such as web designers, social media experts, retailing experts and business advisors to help develop their business
- organising conferences and seminars
- distributing a regular Newsletter
- extending the range of Membership options to include one for newly launched lingerie businesses and a tiered level of membership for established businesses (likened to AA hotel star awards and restaurant rosette awards) based on the service, ambience and fitting service offered in the premises
REQUIREMENTS FOR PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
To join The Lingerie Guild as a Premium Member you must satisfy the following conditions:
- you must own, co-own or manage an independent lingerie business or the lingerie department of an independent department store in the UK or Ireland
- the business must be a “bricks and mortar” business with fitting rooms suitable for bra fitting
- you must have been trading for at least 2 years
- the business must stock at least eight different lingerie brands* and at least 60 different sizes
- the business must offer a full fitting service with the availability of pre-booked fitting appointments
- you must be bra fit trained (either from a privately run course or a course provided by a supplier) and able to demonstrate skill and proficiency in bra fitting
*A supplier may have more than one “brand” – eg Van de Velde’s Prima Donna and Prima Donna Twist will be classed as one brand, and their Marie Jo and Marie Jo L’Aventure will be classed as a second brand. Similarly Wacoal Eveden’s Fantasie, Freya, Elomi, Goddess, B’Temptd and Wacoal will all be classed as individual brands.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP
Associate Membership is available, at the discretion of the Committee (the decision of which is final), to any lingerie business owner whose business does not fully satisfy the Premium Membership criteria, but who displays a knowledge of bras and bra fitting and an approach to customer service which is consistent with the high standards required of a Premium Member.
Associate Members receive the SAME benefits in joining the Guild as Premium Members.
On application for membership of the Lingerie Guild, there will be a non-refundable administration fee of £30.
Once a person has been accepted for membership by the Committee, there will be an annual subscription fee of £99.
Only one administration fee and subscription fee per business is payable, as set out below.
Only one application form per business is required. All owners / managers applying for membership should be included on the same application form.
Membership is held by the business owner / manager(s). If these persons change it will be necessary for their replacement to make their own application for membership of The Lingerie Guild.
Prior to each yearly renewal of membership, The Lingerie Guild will contact all businesses to check that no changes in ownership / management have taken place.